It may be hard to believe. But, sometimes Apple employees have absolutely no clue about what is going on with your device. And they’ll still pretend like they know what they’re doing. What’s funnier is that a lot of times people don’t realize what they’ve left open on their screens when they hand it to an Apple employee. True story. And they see many pictures the users might not want them to see. You can’t lie to them. You might tell them that you didn’t drop your phone in water. But, the liquid indicators inside your phone will always beg to differ.
10+ honest former apple employees reveal things you didn’t know or want to know:
1. Sometimes we honestly have no idea WTF is wrong with your device.
But we’ll try rebooting it and see if that works. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2. We see a lot of pictures you might not want us to see.
We would never snoop through a person’s device, ever. But sometimes people don’t realize what they’ve left open on their screen when they hand it to us. *Cue awkward fumble to close tabs.*
3. We know when you’re lying, even if we don’t say it.
You can tell us you didn’t drop your phone in water, but the liquid indicators inside your phone beg to differ.
4. If you’re looking for special favors, manners go a long way.
Lots of people think they can scream their way into getting a free thing. It rarely works.
5. But most of the time, we have to play by the rules no matter what.
Even the nicest folks. Sorry.
6. Employees aren’t there to upsell you on something you don’t need.
Our job is to match you with the device that’s right for you, even if it’s the cheapest model.
7. And, tbh, we don’t care if you buy anything.
Most employees don’t work on commission, anyway!
8. We don’t give a shit when you mess with the display devices. Go wild!
Some of the things people do are pretty funny, tbh.
9. …Because all those screens automatically reset themselves overnight, anyway.
Yeah, there’s no way we’d be able to catch all those pranks ourselves.
10. We know that some people just come in to check their email or Facebook, and we don’t mind!
We’ve got hundreds of devices lying around — go ahead and use them!