The seven7 deadly catsins.
How awesome, no wait, HOW PAWESOME IS THIS!? Illustrator Marija Tiurina who is a game designer by day teamed up with Neonmob and recreated the identity of the seven deadly sins – with cats!
“The Bible doth spell seven sins of death,
But as a feline in this mortal realm,
There is one more to know before you rest,
Read on, to pilot your soul with its helm.”
Deadly sins are quite symbolic and interesting. But Google search shows you only boring fantasy art, and pretty much the same style of drawings is repeat on every page of search results. I thought that the topic deserves another chance.
The background story? Here it is…
Hidden for nearly 950 years, a withered parchment, yellowed with age, was pulled up from the dank catacombs beneath the Vatican in Rome. Now, as its contents are unveiled, the world will come to know the truth . . . that there are EIGHT Deadly Sins! (And apparently the Pope of that age was fond of cats)
So, I’m sharing the illustrations with you. What are you waiting for? Scroll down to be pawstonished!
1. Greed – Excessive or disgraceful desires for material possessions.
That’s me being highly possessive of my cat.
2. Lust – Intense need or passion for sexual desire.
Notice the PLAYCAT magazine LOL.
3. Gluttony – Indulging in excessive eating and drinking to the point of wastage.
Do cat’s do that? Not my cat’s thing, though.
4. Envy – Like greed and lust, the intense desire of possessing something that someone else holds.
If only cats didn’t feel threatened and jealous by other cats.
5. Sloth – Mental, physical and spiritual laziness due to an absence of interest.
Why are cats so lazy throughout the day and keep you awake at night?
6. Pride – Dangerously corrupt selfishness or inordinate self-esteem.
We all know how proud cats are.
7. Wrath – Uncontrolled vengeful anger or rage presenting violence.
SOMEONE, PLEASE TELL MY CAT TO STOP CLAWING AT ME, IT’S SINFUL!
So, do you avoid these sins? I’m sure you’ll start after reading this. Don’t forget to share this post.