Woman Issues Warning For All Dog Owners After Losing Her Dog That Every Dog Parent Must Know

Such a tragedy.

Only a pet owner can understand the pain of losing one. It’s like you’ve lost a better part of yourself, to be honest. And dogs? When they say a dog is a man’s best friend, they aren’t lying! A dog understands his owner better than most of your so-called best friends. And after a long attachment with your dog, it’s only natural that you feel heartbroken if they die. And such an unfortunate incident leading to their death is the worst.

Similarly, this woman’s dog Petey died of suffocation. She didn’t know that it was the last time she had kissed her pup Petey before heading out to work, a week ago. Now she is going through a heartbreak and wants to warn other pet owners of the dangers of common household things that caused the death of her beloved dog.

This is her, her life partner and Petey.

Young shared her views with everybody on the matter.

I feel we have an obligation to share what happened to Petey to hopefully prevent it from happening to any of your babies.┬áSo we apologize in advance because this is so hard to write about and I’m sure such a downer to read.

[adinserter block=”3″]

She described the incident on her Facebook page…

He was able to get [the chips] off the counter that we will forever blame ourselves for leaving out. He ate every chip out but of course went back for crumbs… With there being nothing left inside every time he would go for more he would inhale making the bag tighter and tighter around his head… ultimately resulting in suffocation.

[adinserter block=”4″]

As you have seen that bags are deadly and cause suffocation, not only in animals but also in babies. They should be kept securely away from pets as well as babies to eliminate the choking threat.

Pet suffocation through snack, cereal and other bags and containers happen so often, and this lovely dog lost his life to it.

The stats on how often this happens is shocking. Three to five pet suffocations get reported every week and 42 percent of those occur while the owner is in the next room.

It only takes about three minutes for their oxygen to drop to fatal levels. With this happening so often we were so surprised by the lack of awareness on this topic out there. Chip bags, cereal bags, bread bags, popcorn bags, dog/cat treat bags seem to be the most common.

So I just ask that in honor of my boy Petey that you be extra careful, warn other dog owners and give your fur babies some extra love today and every day after this.

Losing such a beautiful dog is as sorrowful as anything else. Please do take these precautions into consideration as they can save many lives. Share this post as much as possible and comment below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *